25 October 2009

PB & J

  So E decides he wants a peanut butter and jelly sammie. Pieces (or the little growth, as he is always under foot as of late) is right there beside E. Being the independent kid E is, he gets it all and makes it, under the careful eye of the little growth. Pieces, as little brothers are apt to do, decides he now wants a pb&j too. Seeing as how he just woke up, and in the 2 short years of his life he has never been hungry right after waking up from a nap, it usually takes a bit for him.

  So I argue with him, you don't want one. "Yes" he says. "Yes. Yes."
  "No, I know what's going to happen, you're going to waste it"
  I know you all know how adamant a 2yr old can be... and he was stomping and yelling and screaming about how he swore he would eat it. "Oh, need it I do daddy, like a jedi needs the force. Gimme!!!"
  I succumb to the pleadings and give in, making a pb&j to appease the Gods. I give it extra love, cut it into dino shapes, it's perfect.
  "There" I say, presenting a pb&j that should be in a museum.
   My precious son reacts in form, shaking his head and screaming no while running away. I have noone to blame but myself.
It was good though.

1 comment:

  1. That's a good one!! Maybe you should have cut it up into lightsaber shapes....

    ReplyDelete